ELECRONIC POSTER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts are invited for electronic poster presentation for SMACC Chicago 2015. Posters accepted by the Scientific Committee will be displayed on digital screens in the exhibition area.
There will also be the opportunity for the best poster submissions to be presented as mini oral presentations at the conference. These posters will have a strict five minute time slot and two minutes for questions.
All accepted electronic posters will be displayed online as part of the SMACC Media FOAM release following the conference, ensuring that they reach the maximum possible audience, please see the media tab for previous posters.
Closing date: Friday, 30 January 2015
*This deadline is for those who need a formal acceptance of their abstract well in advance of the event in order to plan attendance (submissions prior to this date will be notified by Monday, 9 February 2015). Further poster submissions will be accepted up to Monday, 30 March 2015 for those who are less reliant on advanced notification.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
1. Prepare your abstract
Abstracts must not exceed 300 words, excluding title, authors and institutions. The abstract should include the essential technical qualities of the paper. No acknowledgements or references are required with the abstract.
- Abstracts may include a simple table or figure
- The abstract must include a succinct overview of the intent and purpose of the presentation
- Preference will be given to papers outlining results of research or quality-related projects
- A structured abstract format is preferred but not mandatory with the following headings
- Objectives (or Hypotheses)
- Principal Findings
- Conclusion (or Discussion)
- References should be used sparingly
- All abbreviations should be given in brackets after the first full use of the word
- Importantly you must indicate whether you would like the opportunity for a mini-oral presentation if your e-poster is selected – If this field is left blank it is assumed that you Do Not wish a mini-oral presentation!
Please note that all accepted abstract presenting authors are required to register, for at least one day (the day of their mini-oral presentation), at the SMACC Chicago 2015 Conference .
2. Register your abstract
To submit your abstract, please use the following link: www.tas.currinda.com/register/event/1017
Once you have registered your profile, follow the instructions on how to upload your abstract. You can submit multiple abstracts at this point.
3. Amending your abstract
If you wish to submit a new abstract or make changes to your abstract, you can do so by using the above link and your log in details, before the closing date.
NOTIFICATION OF ABSTRACTS STATUS
An acknowledgment email will be sent as confirmation of receipt of your abstract. After the review process, an acceptance/decline notification email will be sent to the nominated contact for the abstract by Monday, 9 February 2015.