Please find below the SMACC code of conduct for all faculty, delegates, sponsors, suppliers and volunteers.
We believe this code explicitly supports smacc values, and have sought expert external opinion to formulate it.
As always with SMACC we are eager to hear your opinions as well.
We are committed to providing a fun and safe environment for all participants to enjoy the meeting. The document includes ways to report any concerns participants may have.
Participant statement of conduct for DAS SMACC
DAS SMACC is dedicated to providing a safe and enjoyable conference experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or other characteristics.
DAS SMACC expects that all delegates, speakers, organisers, volunteers, contractors and suppliers (and any other person associated with the conference) will, at all times, act responsibly and:
- With honesty, integrity, transparency and accountability;
- Treat all equally, fairly and with respect, without regard to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or other characteristics;
- Help to support the aims and objectives of DAS SMACC and a safe and enjoyable learning environment;
- Help to foster an environment that values diversity and collaboration;
- Comply with the instructions provided by conference organisers and facilitators;
- Comply with the laws of the countries in which the conference is held and operated, and with all policies and procedures of the conference;
- Refrain from actions that may constitute bullying, harassment, sexual harassment or sexual abuse; and
- Report to the conference organisers any concerns regarding the behaviour of those associated with DAS SMACC.
DAS SMACC will not tolerate violations of these principles, such as:
- Fraud, theft and misuse of physical assets, funds or stock;
- Sexual exploitation or abuse;
- Bullying or harassment; or
- Corruption, (including nepotism, conflicts of interest, bribery or abuse of position).
These examples are not exhaustive. The conference organisers may take action in response to potential violations that could include issuing warnings, sanctions, or expulsion from the conference without a refund.
If you suspect that the behaviour of a delegate, speaker, organiser, volunteer, contractor, supplier or other person associated with the conference has fallen short of this statement of conduct, or that a violation similar to the examples suggested has taken place, or may take place, you may contact;
1: ‘The Association Specialists’ (TAS) staff at the registration desk or email them at [email protected] and they will refer this to the organizing committee or mail TAS at the address below and we will respond to your concern / complaint
2: You can also submit an anonymous concern or complaint in writing to the TAS staff at the registration desk or you can mail a letter to the address below, but of course we can’t respond to this.
The Association Specialists
PO Box 576
Crows Nest NSW 1585